Search This Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Digital Citizenship Challenge

  • What did you create, and why? The task was to explore curriculum related to teaching safety and good citizenship to students. The final task was to create two lessons on digital citizenship that you could use with your students. I created lessons for second graders on respect and responsibilty online as well as a lesson on strangers and safety rules in dealing with strangers online. I incorporated some of the materials provided in the Challenge.

  • What went well for you? It was great to have access to so many great resources that were gathered together for me to explore on this subject.

  • What was challenging?
I am new to using Blogger, Google Docs, and I don't usually write lesson plans as I am a counselor so the challenge took me about 4 hours, not the three estimated.

  • What did you enjoy?
I'm enjoying learning to use some of the technology at our fingertips that I have not previously understood.

  • What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families?
I most likely will use these two lessons this year.







1 comment:

  1. Great job working your way through this challenge. The students will benefit from your learning and the lessons that you created.

    ReplyDelete