Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Challenge: 3X3 links
By Trish Bauman and Doug Riggin
http://www.3x3links.com/baumanroom19
What did you create, and why?
I created a 6th grade 3X3 for my Swift website. Here is my focus for the year: Students this year will use technology, including the Internet and programs, to practice math, use Reading and Math programs, do research, work with questioning and have all them in one place.”
Students are beginning to use Google Classroom in our 6th grade classes. I wanted students to continue building their knowledge and skills in using the websites, programs and Google searches that they will be using this year.

What went well for you?
Setting up the 3X3 went well. After following the step by step direction provided, I easily created our 6th grade 3X3. After conferring with the other 6th grade teacher about website, programs, etc. that we wanted, we began creating the 3X3.

What was challenging?
One challenge that I faced was finding the correct url for the websites we wanted that would work. Some of the programs do not give a logo for them to use as a visual clue for the students.

What did you enjoy?
Students are learning to use this tool. Everything is organized in one place- websites, research engines, programs etc.

What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families?

I have put it as a link on my SWIFT website so that the students can use it at home. I also emailed it to all the staff at my school.

1 comment:

  1. I like how you connected this to your focus this year and shared the information with the staff at your school as well.

    ReplyDelete