Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Challenge: Google Forms

As a substitute teacher, I always groan as I read notes saying that I have a day of “work periods” for projects or getting caught up on homework. While I have the skills as a teacher to manage the classroom, it’s hard to give feedback that can tie into students’ regular grades. And that is where I came up with exit tickets as a means for students to evaluate their own work ethic, as well as provide a numerical value for the teacher to use, if he or she so chooses, to input into the grade book.


I have some classes that I have covered so many times that they groan when they see the shortened URL on the board, since it is a fairly regular scenario. I try to change them up and ask funny questions as well, so they don’t always feel like it is the same form, although the foundation is the same. I’ve done the question series from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, what would you do if you won a million dollars, and other fun questions as a quick way for me to get to know the students. I always make sure that they are giving me a numerical value, as well as a record of what they actually accomplished. I think the challenge with these is making sure that they don’t take too much time in fun, but still are able to stay fresh with students. Also, I have had days where the URL is not very easy to read, so I always check before I post it so it does work easily.

So, without further ado, here is my form for you to take a look at! Form

1 comment:

  1. Such a great idea for substitutes. When I was teaching in the classroom, I would have loved to receive feedback like this from my guest teacher. So often times it is difficult to know what happened in the classroom because notes are not always left.

    ReplyDelete