Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Piktograph

I created a poster to advertise a book. I have my students complete a book project each quarter for their independent reading books. I thought it would be fun to have them complete a visual aid to go along with their book talks. Since the point of the book talk is to "sell" their book to the audience, creating a visual advertisement seemed to fit.

The program piktochart, is really easy to use. I think the hardest thing was coming up with some way to use it in class.

The most challenging part was figuring out how to best get pictures onto the poster and then get them to be the appropriate size and shape that I needed. Got it to work for all but one of the pictures. I figured out a way to get it on their, but not exactly how I wanted it. Hopefully, with a little more practice I can figure it out.

I also created a poster to advertise for track and field starting up. I think this would be a great way to make announcements to students about things that are going on. I also think it would be a fun way for students to share what they have learned. You could do it as a simple advertisement type assignment, or it could easily be made into something which they would have to share more information, statistics, facts, etc. There are also lots of ways that students can share information, charts, graphs, pictures, words. This could be a good cumulative way to show learning.


2 comments:

  1. Great ideas for using Piktograph! Your book poster is worth sharing, would you please add a link to your blog post?

    ReplyDelete