Search This Blog

Monday, May 30, 2016

Chromebook Basics Challenge

Challenge:  Chromebook Basics
By Tiffany Morgenweck
·         What did you create, and why?
o    I created a poster for students with the keyboard commands that I will use as we receive Chromebooks in my classroom. This document will be shared on my classroom website as well.
·         What went well for you?
o    It was very beneficial to be able to learn the keyboard for the Chromebooks and each key command. My classroom only uses older Lenovo laptops, so I’ve only had the chance to use the Chromebooks a few times. It was nice to become acquainted with them for future use.
·         What was challenging?
o    Not having an actual Chromebook to practice on, while I learned this information was a little tricky, but still doable.
·         What did you enjoy?
o    I enjoyed the quick, to the point lessons and short videos provided with these lessons.
·         What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families?
o    I will use this information with my students as we receive Chromebooks. I will also share my new learning with my grade level team, when the need arises. I know many of the upper grades in my building already are using Chromebooks, so if they need more training on the keyboard commands I will direct them to these lessons. The information will be shared with my families when/if Chromebooks start being used in my 2nd grade classroom.


1 comment:

  1. The slight differences with the keyboard shortcuts tend to be the biggest challenge. It will soon become just second nature.

    ReplyDelete