Search This Blog

Friday, May 6, 2016

Google Drawing

I created a collage representing the theme of the story we are going to read in Collections. It is the excerpt from Tom Sawyer when he is tricking his friends into painting the fence for him. This is going to be an example for the students who are going to be completing the same assignment about another story, "The Flying Machine". They will be finding the theme of that story, writing the theme on their drawing, and then creating a collage that goes along with it.
After reading through the help menu, it went pretty quickly. It was much easier to use than I thought. I was able to just drag the pictures from a Google search into the drawing and then move some to the front and some to the back. I also moved the text to the front. I also added a shape and figured out how to change the color or the shapes and add background color.
I am going to have the kids copy their drawing to a slide show that the whole class shares. It was a little tricky making sure that worked well.
I enjoyed how easy it was to use. I also enjoyed that it was a Google program so that it would be saved in their Google Drive automatically.
As mentioned before, I am going to use this program to have the kids make a collage representing the theme from one of the stories in the Collections Curriculum. This is a variation of one of the performance tasks that is after the stories. Instead of making a collage on paper, the kids will be doing it online. We will share our creations via Google Slides.

No comments:

Post a Comment