Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

PowToon Badge

https://www.powtoon.com/dashboard/#/

Above is my "Intro to the Counselor" project I created using Powtoon.  It is a quick draft that still needs work but PowToon has been a fun program to work with.

What did you create, and why?

I created a PowToon project called "Intro to the Counselor"  It is made for the youngest students so it is very simple.  I am not sure if I would use it but if I took more time and made it better and more interesting, I might find uses for it with the students.  It might be a fun tool to show new counselors who are just learning how to tell kids about what the role of the school counselor is.


What went well for you?

I enjoyed the various graphics and the slides that were already laid out so I could just revise them instead of trying to create the background and characters from scratch.

What did not go well for you?

The tools were hard to figure out and without a coach by my side I would have been stuck many times.

What did you enjoy?

I enjoyed the creative piece to the project.  With more time and effort I can see how fun this would be to use, perhaps for some other topics.  It might be fun to have students create an anti-bullying message to show their classmates or younger students.


What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families?

See above.  I could also potentially have my student council officers make a "welcome to Chase Lake" project to welcome new students to our school.  I

No comments:

Post a Comment