Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

Challenge: Google Forms

Link to my Google Form:  http://goo.gl/forms/T9sgjjgDtP 


Reflection:
  • What did you create, and why? I created a survey to send to students who have registered for the STEM Expo, but have indicated that they have a component in their project that should have had prior permission for inclusion. It is a way to double check that students and teachers are following the required safety and ethics guidelines with their work.
  • What went well for you? I liked the Google Apps Training and Help. I also liked that the New Google Forms were easy enough to figure out for 80% of what I need to know.
  • What was challenging? I still have some questions. I will be bringing these to the Open Lab Time tomorrow.
    • Is there an "undo" option? I could have used that a couple times.
    • Aaargh! Why doesn't Google Forms allow me to use the "continue to section" feature in modes other than multi-choice or choose-from-a-list? I wish I had more control over that. It took me a long time to reorganize my question sets to get what I wanted.
    • Don't like the way the work page bounces around when I select question type. It's distracting.
    • How can I change the font, add italics, etc.?
    • What does "data validation" mean? 
    • What is the easiest way to find all of my google forms in my google drive. I'd like to be able to pull them all up together.
    • Where to google forms get stored by default?
    • Not sure what Label I should use for this blog - going to just go with "google" because forms isn't an option.
  • What did you enjoy? I LOVE learning how to use GAfE on my own time, when I need to know how to use it, but also knowing that you have open lab time for specific help. Also you all have been great about responding to questions I've sent.
  • What ideas do you have for using this tool? I'll be using google forms to have students register for the STEM Expo. I'm expecting over 400 students. I'm nervous...

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing your form, please submit another link to your live form (the one you have doesn't work). Other types of questions are available in the "Add item" drop down menu. You can put all your forms in a folder for easy access or use the drop down menu in the Drive search bar and use spreadsheet for type. By default, forms you create are stored in your Drive. I'm wondering if other people want a description of data validation settings. If so, a brief description can be found here: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/3378864?hl=en (just copy and paste this link in the omnibox and press Enter).
    Blogger limits the number of labels, so all Google Challenges will use the Google label.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your thoughtful feedback and explanation of the learning. I hope that this process will prove to be successful for the STEM Expo registration.

    ReplyDelete