Search This Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Challenge: 3x3 Links

For this challenge I created a 3x3 links site for my students to use in class on their 1:1 Chromebooks.I wanted them to have a quick, easy, and controlled access point for websites that I approve.

The site is really easy to use, and even to update on the fly.  I have written down the vanity address for parents to take home so the students can access the page from their.  I find it nice to control the links they are to be using, as well as providing them enough options without providing too many that students have trouble deciding what to choose.

Nothing was particularly challenging.  Getting the link on everyone's computer was time intensive, but after pushing it out through Hapara I was able to walk my students through making it a bookmark on their bookmark bar.

I really like the control this offers and the ability to be selective about appropriate websites for elementary students.  I have updated this in the middle of class when a new site was needed, and after pressing refresh all students had access to the new site.


2 comments:

  1. Great idea of sharing the link with the parents as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really great classroom tool. For easy access, next year you may want to have your students make your 3x3 their Home Page. The directions for doing this are in the step-by-step slide presentation.

    ReplyDelete