Search This Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Google Classroom

For this challenge I set up a Google classroom to use with my fourth graders for the remainder of the school year.  I wanted to reduce the amount of paper used, as well as build digital literacy for my class.

This challenge has gone very well, and I actually use Google classroom quite frequently now to have my students complete assignments.  I love how I can quickly see the assignments as soon as they are turned in and give them a grade.  It has reduced the turn around time on my grading.  I like being able to see who is done and not done at a glance, rather than having to verbally check in with each student.

The task went pretty smoothly.  I wish there was a little more variation on the types of assignments I can create, and I wish I knew more about how to organize the stream so it doesn't become overloaded and not useful throughout the year.  

I have my students write their comparisons, their summaries, and answers to comprehension questions.  I can quickly gauge their progress.  I also like that it gives them familiarity with typing answers online without being a practice test.

https://classroom.google.com/c/NzU3NTkwNDFa

1 comment:

  1. Did you know you can edit, delete or reorder an assignment by clicking the three dots on the far right side? Right now one can only move an assignment to the top, but let's hope they offer more choices in the near future. I'm glad using Classroom has made grading easier. Contact one of us to talk about the assignment variations you want to use.

    ReplyDelete