Search This Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2016

Google Classroom

For this challenge I set up a Google classroom to use with my fourth graders for the remainder of the school year.  I wanted to reduce the amount of paper used, as well as build digital literacy for my class.

This challenge has gone very well, and I actually use Google classroom quite frequently now to have my students complete assignments.  I love how I can quickly see the assignments as soon as they are turned in and give them a grade.  It has reduced the turn around time on my grading.  I like being able to see who is done and not done at a glance, rather than having to verbally check in with each student.

The task went pretty smoothly.  I wish there was a little more variation on the types of assignments I can create, and I wish I knew more about how to organize the stream so it doesn't become overloaded and not useful throughout the year.  

I have my students write their comparisons, their summaries, and answers to comprehension questions.  I can quickly gauge their progress.  I also like that it gives them familiarity with typing answers online without being a practice test.

https://classroom.google.com/c/NzU3NTkwNDFa

No comments:

Post a Comment