Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Challenge: Google Drive

By Marsha Scott

What challenge did you explore and why?
The Google Drive challenge provided an opportunity to review the basic skills of saving and sharing documents with others. Even though I use the “Drive” daily, I still have gaps in my knowledge of using Google tools. Therefore, this was a chance to explore articles and view some of the tutorials.

What went well for you?
The video tutorials were helpful in understanding the basic skills for using Google drive, docs, and it also reviewed how to move files to the drive.

What was challenging?
The unit reviews were a challenge. There were multiple correct answers to some of the questions.

What did you learn?
I learned how to better manage my files and how to use the search tool when trying to locate items in Google Drive. Also, I learned how to color code the folders, which is useful for organizing documents from various meetings.

What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families?

I noticed that Google docs provides several templates, which I took the opportunity to explore. There were a couple of templates for newsletters and other useful documents that students could simply fill in with information. The newsletter could be linked to Google classroom and viewed by students and their parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment