Search This Blog

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Challenge: Google Docs

I am using the Google Docs challenge to take an activity I already do paper/pencil and make it an online activity.  This will make it easier for me to keep up with reading the journals and make it easier for students to track their entries.  This activity is an end of the day reflective journal that asks students to think about different aspects of their days to foster reflection.

It was fairly easy to create the document.  I plan to share a copy with students so they each end up with their own doc that only they and I can see, so it is not shared with the entire class.  I like the idea that it's always available, they can't "lose" it, and they then can track their entries for the rest of the year online.

I see as a challenge getting students to complete the entry in enough time to make it worthwhile.

I really like the idea of being able to view journal entries as they write, and then I can leave comments more effectively than having to collect journals and then respond, and then hand them back out.

I think it would also be helpful for parents to be able to log in and view these from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment