Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Google Forms





What did you create, and why?

One of our main goals in the English department is to have students be able to cite textual evidence to support inferences and claims. I created an online form to collect data from a summative assessment (collections) , which I used for my evaluation. The form gave directions and included both multiple choice questions and an extended response paragraph. I also collaborated with Rachel Gronvold to create an online assessment for the Monkey's Paw. I used Flubaroo to score the multiple choice answers and a typed rubric to score responses to the writing prompt. Once I wrapped the text in the Excel spreadsheet, it was really easy to score student responses.

◦What went well for you?
This simplified the process of collecting data for my comprehensive teacher evaluation for groups 6.1 and 3.1.

◦What was challenging? There was a slight learning curve to understanding how to use Flubaroo.

◦What did you enjoy? I enjoyed being able to easily access and organize my data for my teacher evaluation.

◦What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families?

I plan to communicate with Building staff on ways to use Google forms to simplify the assessment process.

http://goo.gl/forms/WINl6oNeVuPThKWz2

No comments:

Post a Comment