Search This Blog

Thursday, June 9, 2016

My Google Drive

What did you create and why?

I have been using Google Drive for personal and professional files. I chose this activity, because I wanted to explore more features. I am learning how to create materials directly in Google Drive instead of merely saving work I have created others.

What went well for you?

As a substitute teacher, I can access my files from any district computer. I can also create something directly in my drive and access it later from a different classroom across the district. This year I had several long term jobs and having access to materials online was easier than carrying a heavy bag.

What was challenging?

At this point I haven't had any difficulties.  I appreciated the resources in this lesson.  I have been learning by trial and error.  These pages gave me new skills to try.

What did I enjoy?

I love to create my own supplemental teaching materials. Google Drive gives me flexibility.

What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families?

I have had teachers who shared their plans with me as a Google Doc.  During a long term substitute teaching job, the students shared their writing with me so I could edit and give feedback.  (I didn't have access to their Google Classroom.)  If I create something I use with students I can then share it with the teacher.

I also worked as a BOTTS and saved and shared documents through my Google Drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment