Search This Blog

Friday, June 17, 2016

Powtoons/Storyboardthat



What did I create and why!I created a storyboard for the Tell-Tale Heart and The House on Mango Street. This provides students another avenue to create a storyboard and analyze the symbolism of specific quotes in the story. It is amazing how students are able to find scenes and characters to fit a variety of stories.

What went well! The students were seamlessly able to manipulate characters, scenes, and text to match the details from both stories. The site uses google login to simplify the loin process.

What was challenging!

It is always challenging to have students focus more on analysis than on graphics!

What did I enjoy! It was easy and fast to create an example for the students to follow.

I plan to use this tool to help with writing narrative stories and having students learn the elements of plot. I will share this with my English department.






Made with Storyboard That

1 comment:

  1. Don't we all get hung up on the cool graphics? Such a great idea for using this in English.

    ReplyDelete