Search This Blog

Saturday, June 11, 2016

My Review of Easy Bib

What did you explore and why?
As a substitute teacher, I am looking for resources that I can use quickly and easily to make my host classroom run smoothly.  Several times this year, I have talked with fifth and sixth graders about the problem with plagiarism and the importance of citing sources.  Easy Bib is a good tool to teach and it is an approved extension so I can introduce it to all classrooms.
What went well for you?
At this point I am trying out the tool for myself.  I like that it is a search engine as well as a way to create citations and manage projects.  If I show up in an upper elementary classroom and need a short research lesson to teach, I can demonstrate the extension and allow students to try it out for themselves.
What was challenging?
When I taught the different fifth and sixth graders, some were engaged in their classroom assignments and some wanted to use the tools for entertainment that was not appropriate for the school setting.  I can see why apps and extensions are limited through district accounts.
What did you learn?
I have been trying out several tools that create bibliographies.  I like the format of this one, and I notice that the paid version has even more features.
What ideas do you have for using this tool with your students, grade level, staff or to communicate with families?
At this point, it is a good research lesson to use at short notice.  I can find out from the classroom teacher what projects they are doing and adapt it to the class I am in.

No comments:

Post a Comment